Saturday 9 August 2014

Review: P2 Sheer Glam Lipstick in 071, 011, 090! (Mona Lisa Smile, French Kiss, Sex and the City)

Sheer Glam Lipstick! I realize that many ladies who don't wear bright shades are not used to the color or don't enjoy the texture of lipstick. I'm sort of one of those ladies who loves brights on the lips but only decides to go full on lipstick on days where my lips are 'feeling' good or when I'm in the mood for being okay with maintenance as I've got dry lips that peel especially when there's product on them!

These three beautiful lippie were part of a swap I did with the lovely Pam from Jade in the Palace blog! She helped me get these lippies to try as I had seen her review P2 lipsticks on her blog before and they looked great! Check out the swap here!

Continue below for the review!
 P2 Sheer Glam Lipstick in 071, 011, 090! (Mona Lisa Smile, French Kiss, Sex and the City)
 P2 Sheer Glam Lipstick in 071, 011, 090! (Mona Lisa Smile, French Kiss, Sex and the City)

Packaging!

Pretty, glamorous and eye catching! I really am a fan of the shiny red scarlet tubes! They also aren't conical as they might seem in the photos! the caps flare out to be wider and are slanted on top! This finish of the tube reminds me of the recent from the budget brand Make up Revolution but this one has been out for longer!  

There's nothing too special about the packaging, it's practical, lightweight and pretty in my opinion. The only slight issue is that the slightly flared out cap will take up slightly more space and I'm not sure if it'd fit well in a lipstick holder.

 P2 Sheer Glam Lipstick in 071, 011, 090! (Mona Lisa Smile, French Kiss, Sex and the City)
Product!

This lipstick is called "Sheer Glam" for a reason as it's suppose to be a sheer textured lipstick and this definitely has a sheer feeling on the lips but it definitely isn't very sheer in pigmentation! Right out of the tube onto my bare lips the feeling of this lipstick is like a lip balm, super moisturizing and lightweight and slick but not too slick that it will bleed or feel like it will bleed outside of the lip line.

In terms of pigmentation, this lipstick can be layered up easily in two swipes to be super pigmented! All three shades on my lips look like they're regular lipsticks on my lips however they are very glossy looking in finish although they aren't wet feeling at all! 

These are not very long lasting because of the light texture and glossy finish but they feel so lovely on the lips as they're light feeling and don't settle into the lines of the lips at all! I have quite dry lips most of the time so I much rather have a moisturizing texture and have to reapply than to have peeling, dry, patchy lips with regular lipsticks. 

The three colors I've picked out are all lovely! They all are equally pigmented with two swipes or are still super tinted with one swipe too! I love how these feel so comfortable on the lips and yet look like regular lipstick! This line is great for those who don't like feeling like there's a lip product on the lips and who need more moisturizing qualities!

My bare face and bare lips! A bit washed out in this photo! My lips are a medium rosy shade and this causes a lot of sheer shades to look even more pigmented on my lips!
Wearing P2 Sheer Glam in 071 Mono Lisa Smile!
Wearing P2 Sheer Glam in 071 Mono Lisa Smile! This shade is a beautiful creamy bright coral peach!
Wearing P2 Sheer Glam in 011 French Kiss!
Wearing P2 Sheer Glam in 011 French Kiss! A bright hot pink!
Wearing P2 Sheer Glam in 090 Sex and the City!
Wearing P2 Sheer Glam in 090 Sex and the City! A medium mauve toned pink!
 P2 Sheer Glam Lipstick in 071, 011, 090! (Mona Lisa Smile, French Kiss, Sex and the City)
Paid:  Gifted to me in a swap! (€1.95 EUR at DM in Germany or about $3.25 SGD)

This is so incredibly cheap! All drugstore lipsticks are average of $15-22 SGD

Recommend:YES! If you have the chance to get your hands on a few of these I'd totally say go for it! These are so affordable and pigmented and comfortable!

Repurchase: No, but only because I like purchasing a few shades from lipstick lines. These are incredible but I don't use lip products that much so it's best I don't buy anymore!

Bottom line: A super awesome moisturizing, lightweight and pigmented lipstick! This is perfect for those who don't want to feel any product on their lips, for beginner or for those with dry or sensitive lips! Do check these out if you've got the chance!

Are you a fan of sheer or lightweight lipsticks?
Tried any lipsticks from P2?
Let me know!

Feel free to comment!
Thank you!

5 comments:

  1. so pretty colors. Love the 071 mostly ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. The packaging is cute. I like that they're not that sheer and still have a good color pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this looks so nice, and I love that I can get it here in Germany! I'll have to check it out next time I pass by DM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Mona Lisa Smile ^^ It's my favourite out of all three x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The names of all 3 are so good! They look gorgeous on you

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...