Thursday 6 November 2014

The Makeup Addict TAG!

Makeup Addict Tag! Hi everyone, my name is Sharlynn and...I'm a makeup ADDICT. I didn't realize I would love make up so much although I should've known being a non-make up using teen who would grab and play with everything make up when I had the chance. Those days are long gone and now I know how to use make up and cannot see a life without any!

I was inspired to do this tag after seeing Sheri from Behind The Frames do the tag and as well as Tasha from Shiwashiful!

Continue below for the tag!
The Blackmentos Beauty Box: The Makeup Addict TAG!
1. Which product do you still keep buying more of despite having plenty in your collection?

Pressed foundation powder! I use as much as one refill pan of 7-9g a month but usually it's about a pan every month and a half! Due to the super humid and hot weather here in Singapore pressed foundation powder is an integral part of setting my make up and keeping my skin matte and melt free! I always buy back ups of my holy grail ZA powder but buy other brands as I will get through all of them!
Here are all of my powders but one. My holy grail is ZA which is in my Majolica Majorca compact. I always have 2-3 backups of ZA and then I will have 2-3 others that I will use at the same time.
2. What's the one product you can't live without?

HAHA. Pressed foundation powder. I like my make up to stay, I like being matte. What's the point of putting on make up and it sweating off? I need my pressed powder.

3. Favorite makeup brand?

I really don't have a favorite brand but a few that I do love are Maybelline (for their mascaras and powders), Catrice (for their blushes) and Sleek (for their blushes and eyeshadow palettes).

Sleek i divine palettes! (i Candy, Vintage Romance, Oh so Special), Sleek blushes (Mirrored pink, Rose gold, Suede, Pomegranate, Maybelline watershine lipstick, colorsensational lipstick, neonude lipstick, Maybelline the false lash mascara, Big Eyes 360 mascara, Color tattoos in Bad to the Bronze and Inked in Pink!
4. How big is your makeup collection?

It's definitely much bigger than the normal girl in Singapore. Considering how expensive  drugstore make up is here at around $10-15 USD per item. I'd say I have a medium sized collection, still way too much for just one girl but it's not drawers and drawers and shelves and shelves like others!

This is where all the magic is at! I freaking love this piece I found at Ikea and choose both wire baskets and plastic drawers. I keep my skincare, eyeliners/mascaras, lip products and brushes on the two small shelves above!
5. And how do you store it?

I store my make up on one square shelving top with plastic containers and small baskets and a wire basket single pull out drawer with two ikea plastic organizer drawers. I also keep eyeliners and lip products in long plastic containers that were actually the packaging of sets of facial cotton/ ear buds.

This is basically 70% of my open make up and the other 25% on the shelves above the another 5% open stored below that I don't use so much. I love having everything open in one place! I almost always use different eyeshadows/blush/foundation every time I do my make up!
6. How many items of makeup have you got in your handbag at the moment?

Not much really. I always will have my pressed powder, sometimes a lip product (lip balm/lipstick) and occasionally an eyeliner (if I'm wearing any on my lower lash line). Three items max, nothing more!

I've seen plenty of girls in singapore reapplying their BB cream, concealer, eyebrows, mascara in the toilets...I'm sorry but that's just so wrong to me. In the sense that your make up should last longer than half the day, otherwise obviously they aren't using them right or with products to prolong their lasting power.
I will always carry my pressed powder and liquid eyeliner, when I do wear a lip product I'll carry it around too. I rarely touch up my eyeliner although when I get watery eyes I may touch up the tips of my wings. Otherwise I love mattifying my face with powder when needed and although I bring a lip product, often once it's faded and gone I don't reapply.
                                          
7. If you could raid another blogger's stash, who would it be?

Two ladies for two reasons. Pam from Jade in the Palace, not only because I adore her (and we're almost the same skin color) but I love how she's got plenty of products from both western and asian brands and she indulges in a lot more high end make up than I've got!

Secondly, Filia from My Sugarcoffee because I love her mostly asian cosmetic collection. She purchases usually two shades from a lip line to review and she has plenty of bases from lots of super popular asian brands and up and coming ones that I'd love to try!

Jade in the Palace and Mysugarcoffee! Two blogs I love and recommend!
8. How long does your usual makeup routine take and how many products do you use?

For my normal neutral eye look and face I would use a sunscreen, base (foundation/bb cream), pressed foundation powder, eyebrow (powder/gel), eyeshadow base, 3 shades of eyeshadow, liquid eyeliner (upper lid), waterproof mascara, blush and a lip product!

This routine is for going out to town or going to work and consist of around 12 individual products. I would take around 15-20 minutes I swear, I've timed myself many times. I spend the most amount of time on my eyeshadows but everything else I do very quickly!

My fancier routine of colorful or a more special look with lashes would take 45 minutes and a much more basic look that consist of powder, eyeliner, mascara, blush and lip balm would take about 5 minutes.

An example of all the products I would use for a normal look for going out into town or for work!

9. Have you ever bought makeup knowing you wouldn't use it?

No. Not knowingly. When I was younger and wanted all the make up in the world but didn't know how to use them or having the occasion to use them I still bought cheapy eye shadows and I remember a 4 color concealer palette I got without knowing how to use it!

In more recent years I ordered an OCC lip tar but haven't used it yet although I've tried it out and loved it. Otherwise I always think about when I'm going to use a product, with what other product or how I'd use it while I'm deciding on buying something!

It's not that I knew I wasn't going to use them but that I rarely use them!
10. Tag a few other makeup addicts to do this tag!

Kar Yi L from AngelicBetrayal, Pam from Jade in the Palace, Pauline from Addicted to Makeup, Sam Murakami from ColorCrush, Larie from Eye Heart It,  Niesha from Indian Beauty Forever, Jasmine from The Happy Sloths, Dawn from Peachy Pink Sisters, Kay Cake from Imladiiekay, Anna from Beauty by Shortylegs, Amy from Amyboo's Adventures!

If any of you ladies listed read this please consider doing this tag! As for the rest of my followers feel free to do it regardless of being tagged or not!


Well that's it! I really hope my lovely followers enjoy this post. I know not every girl who wears make up is a beauty crazed junkie but I am pretty much one. I can't wait to do more tags, it's really quite fun writing these!

Feel free to comment! 
Thank you!

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tag! I'll have to think about the questions, haha! I'm not sure how long it takes me. I think if I timed myself I would feel all hectic and rushed, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow you have such an amazing makeup collection :D xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post Sharlynn!! :) Thanks for tagging me too dear. I love sleek blushes a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Sharlynn, thanks for the kind words ^^
    Your pressed foundation powder stash is big!! They must come in handy for the hot Singapore :D
    This is a nice TAG, thanks for tagging me, I will do it, but need to clean my dressing table first :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks like a fun tag to do. wow i sort of like how you can see all your collection but i also would freak out about how much i have lol.


    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Pressed Foundations Powders too! ^ u ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa your collection is amazing!!! Love it :D I would love to rummage through your stash too hehe. The ZA powder must be good! I might check it out when I'm back in SG!

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely agree with you about ZA's pressed powders, Sleek eyeshadow palettes and Maybelline mascaras! I have repurchased heaps of those! On my next trip to Singapore I am going to restock at least 5 ZA powders. Loved reading this post! And you have a very decent make up collection! My room is so small, I regularly bring bags of unused makeup to Uni to distribute to my friends :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, you are clearly a pressed powder fan ;-) I am the same but with mattifying powder. And woah, look at your stash, whew!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved reading your answers! Jeeebs, got enough pressed powder there? Haha! Can totally relate though, it gets so humid over here too! I'm way too lazy to touch up my makeup though, but setting my makeup with a powder is an absolute MUST on a daily basis.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that's a fun tag and you really have a lot of stuff! BTW my favourite makeup brands are the same as yours!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your makeup collection! & I have always thoughts blush is the item that you buy so many of even thou you already have plenty in your collection :p

    ReplyDelete
  13. First of all... I really enjoyed this post :) You have an AMAZING collection :)
    Second of all... THANK YOU SO MUCH for tagging me... I will most definitely do this tag :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...